People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. In addition to keeping you in touch with work and friends, your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. With it, you can control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can change rapidly, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, so you can use your smart phone whether you're at work or on vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, and they can also learn your patterns and routines by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and make adjustments to the temperature accordingly.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats over the last few years. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more popular and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to start researching them and all the benefits they offer you, namely the ability to closely control your home’s temperature—even when you’re away from home. You’ll also enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home while saving money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to schedule HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and let you know when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide choice of heating and cooling equipment, so many models are most likely compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you ways lower your energy bills. Call Miller Climate Control LLC in Georgetown at 512-937-2001. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.