You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep cozy no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Miller Climate Control LLC have assembled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you identify small problems before they become big problems, and it can help ensure your system is running at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat several degrees can make a big difference on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having problems getting accustomed to the present temperature, try modifying it slowly, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Miller Climate Control LLC technician is over for your yearly furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are more ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 512-937-2001.