Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Georgetown during the winter time, when they’re required to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Miller Climate Control LLC will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Miller Climate Control LLC at 512-937-2001 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.