According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts should be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the lifetime of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence the amount of time between cleanings. How can you know if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signs that you should keep an eye on.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have less airflow than others?
2. Can you hear a sound other than your blower motor when you listen to the airflow?
3. Is there anything blocking your cold air return vent?
4. When you glimpse inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet fur?
5. Have pests or rodents created a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers pushing out dust?
If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, it’s likely time to reach out to Miller Climate Control LLC in Georgetown about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are steps you can take to keep your ducts cleaner and extend the time between professional cleanings.
Most importantly, schedule periodic HVAC maintenance with the professionals at Miller Climate Control LLC. A regular checkup of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system working at peak performance. Inspecting your system often and replacing the air filter when required will also help keep your ducts clear.
Other ways you can help care for your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let dirt in from places such as your attic.
• Check your air filters often and put in new filters when required.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your rooms.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in unsatisfactory or moist condition.
Keeping your ducts clean will help you make sure the air in your Georgetown home is clean. Don’t forget to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning regularly. Call the experts at Miller Climate Control LLC at 512-937-2001 or schedule an appointment online.