When it’s cold in Georgetown you need your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system appears to be working well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can impede air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are plenty of reasons you could have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Miller Climate Control LLC.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You might have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing.
2. Your blower isn’t operating correctly. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? You could have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could signal a few specific problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your home.
4. Your electric bill keeps climbing. Your usage is stable but your bill keeps increasing. This could signal some different problems. Your HVAC technician will help sort out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, stop your furnace at once and shut off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is generally a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to remedy.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The team at Miller Climate Control LLC will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.