Having standard air conditioning service completed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Georgetown summer, have the specialists at Miller Climate Control LLC perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of unlawfully discharging it to the environment.
- Check for correct airflow through the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We advise looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Miller Climate Control LLC today at 512-937-2001.