Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and really relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Georgetown is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Miller Climate Control LLC always recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner running in the heat.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s functionality. cut the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that blocks your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Miller Climate Control LLC in Georgetown at 512-937-2001 today.